I have seen a filiing cabinet REDO project many of times in the past and knew that I HAD to do it myself…some day…
Well some day is here!
I started with taking off the hardward, cleaning and then appling coats of; Hammerite Rust Cap #41140 Hammered Black I purchased all my supplies at;
After cutting a paintable textured wall paper to fit each drawer, I taped the edges for I wanted part of the drawer to show around the edge and to avoid the frame work from getting caught when opening.
I adhered the wall paper with a spray adhesive called Loctite, it worked well and gave me time to place it before applying pressure.I kept the tape on until I painted the wall paper, using some of my leftover interior wall paint. The molding...I mitered the corners, sanded each to get a perfect fit.
|"Click on image to go to site"|
Once the decision was made I was back at the project.
Spray painting the frame work to match the cabinet and then using a Rub-n-Buff to highlight the detailing was the deciding factor.
I appled a strong adhesive to each wood piece, added a bit of Titebond to the corners. Then placing them.
Lastly...the hardware went back on and I had my File REDO finished.
One of the goals in the project was to get into the Studio and to go through what was in the files. I did not get rid of much...naturally...but I have a visual of what I have within them.
|Click on the pictures to get a better look!|
I am totally happy with the look.
May this be inspiration for you to do the same!
Sassy Cheryls SHOW ME #74
Funky Junk Interiors SNS #132 Link Party
Common Ground- Vintage Inspiration #186
No Minimalis Here Open House Party